Monday, June 30, 2014

All good things...


Unless you shade them, tomatoes don't last very long in our summers. Pollen becomes inactive and the fruit and leaves become sunburned. These are probably the last slicing-size tomatoes we will get this summer, although the cherry types seem to go on and on.

Today I pulled up three tomato plants that were in significant decline. One was a plant that survived the winter and leafed out again, and the other two had their root systems compromised by the patio addition. I also picked almost a dozen ripe tomatoes from the plant in the picture above. There are a few more green ones remaining, and I'll probably take this plant out too after I pick them.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

One cherry tomato today for me!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Salsa!!! Laurel